Friday, July 18, 2008

At the pool

We have had such a good time this summer going to Sister Robert's pool. For those who don't know her, Sister Roberts is a very sweet lady that is in our ward. She is very much like another grandma to my kids. Nana and Chloe meet us over there almost every Friday to swim for a while. I have been trying to get Dallin to be a little less afraid of the water. But as you can see in these pictures, he never lets himself get more than arms length away from the edge of the pool. Last week when I was trying to talk him into coming out into the water with me and let me show him how to swim he quipped back to me "I can't do something that I can't do." And while the transparently obvious statement is funny in and of itself, the attitude in which he said it was even funnier. He said the words with utter disbelief that I didn't already know that he couldn't do it and each word was emphasized with the down beat of his hand. I am quite the hand talker myself, so it was really funny to see Dallin doing things the way I would have done it. Oh and by the way, just in case you were wondering, the lovely, very fashionable bright orange protective eye wear that Mandy is sporting, is called "gobbles". Apparently this is the new hip toddler slang for "goggles".


No comments: