Saturday, August 23, 2008

Puzzle Party

Mandy is our little puzzle lover. She loves to put together all kinds of puzzles. A few days ago she pulled out her puzzles one by one and put them together. After putting together all of "her" puzzles, she then proceeded to pull out some of the bigger puzzles. She brought out a thirty piece puzzle and when I saw her with it, I told her to go put it back up because it would be too hard for her to put together. Well, this is one of the few times that I was actually glad that I have a stubborn willful child. Rather than put it up, she told me, "I CAN do it." To my amazement she did do it. And after putting together that puzzle she put together two other thirty piece puzzles. And perhaps what was even more amazing is that she spent almost two full hours putting together puzzles, one right after another. Who ever heard of a two and a half year old that would sit and do anything for two straight hours? Dallin decided to put together a couple of puzzles too, but he only lasted about thirty minutes and then he moved on to play with his trains and cars. Maybe this means that she will be brilliant like my sister Lisa. My parents have always told us anecdotal stories of Lisa sitting quietly hour after hour putting together puzzles all by herself. I would certainly be proud if Mandy turned out to be even close to as smart as Lisa is.

1 comment:

LESLIE said...

This little chick is too cute! I want to see all this "sassy" in action! I showed my mom your pictures and she thought the ones in your background of Mandy were you!! She says she looks just like you when you were little! No doubt she's going to be a smartie, not only like her Aunt Lisa, but her mommy as well!