Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chaos

Sunday night, my dad called to chat. Either I call him or he calls me to check in and see what's going a couple times a week. While on the phone, the kids (and when I refer to "the kids" that generally includes Nathan as well) decided to play a game of chase. My dad, not knowing what was going on, asked with some concern, "Is that someone screaming? Do I need to let you go so that you can go help them?" Well, that just made me chuckle because, no, no one needed any help, unless you mean me because with chaos like this going on I sometimes think I need a little mental help. I explained to my dad that they were just playing and he remarked that it seemed like every time he called the kids were screaming and playing and doing crazy things. I chuckled again, because it is like that here not only when my dad calls, but pretty much every moment that my kids are awake. It makes telephone conversations a little difficult at times, but it sure provides a great deal of entertainment for all. My house is generally chaotic 99.9% of the time. And even though I get frustrated at having to clean up what seems like the exact same mess 10 or 15 times a day and I sometimes have to request a moment of silence just to get my thoughts straight, I really wouldn't have it any other way. I love the crazy, silly, creative, and yes loud, ways that my kids (remember that includes Nathan) come up with to play. I especially love it when they let me join in too.

4 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

It's that way at our house too. Sometimes I LOVE it, sometimes it makes me CRAZY!

Kelly said...

And we are are so blessed for the Crazy-ness... We wouldn't want it any onther way! I am starting to get a glimpse of what life is going to be like as my kids start heading out of the house to "hang out with Friends" it breaks my heart! I like everyone right here making noise, messes and making me smile! Good Luck... if you need a escape plan bring the kids over here for a while. The phone is always a joke here too. I think the phone rings and the kids go in to Extra Loud Mode. I often find myself locked up in a room with kids crying laughing and pounding on my door. Ahh so FUN!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Let me guess... the .1% that is not chaos is when they're sleeping right?! =)

Lea Whittaker said...

I can totally relate!! I used to think my house wouldn't be loud and chaotic....boy was i wrong and yes the third child is often my husband!