Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A little Turkey

When I was in Kindergarten, I don't ever remember having to do crafts as homework. I only ever remember doing crafts at school. Now though, Dallin pretty regularly has a craft assignment sent home with him. Even though this seems a bit odd to me, I have to admit that I have actually been enjoying it. Dallin and I had a blast making this turkey. We made a special shopping trip to pick out things to decorate it with. Dallin chose where each color of bean and feather should go. Then we worked together to glue it all in place. You may notice that the first two sets of feathers on each side are orange and blue. Dallin actually did that on purpose. I fear that I have lost him to the dark side, or rather the orange and blue side. Because Nathan watches Gator football, Gator basketball, and even some Gator baseball, Dallin has been inundated with Gatorness. The poor child has been so deluged with all things Gator that he even lists alligators as one of his favorite animals. As we were riding through town yesterday he pointed out the window at a passing car and said, "Look Mommy, they have my favorite Gator colors in their window." I couldn't believe something that foul was coming out of the mouth of my little sweet angle boy. I guess I am just going to have to try harder with Mandy and Layton and make sure that they stay true to the garnet and the gold. Before the rival match this year, I think I am going to teach Mandy how to do the Seminole chop so that she an I can work together to counter Dallin and Nathan's gator chomp. Go 'Noles!

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Dallin, we always knew you were a smart boy!
GO GATORS! :)

Nathan said...

That's my boy! I don't even have to do much persuading because my kids just do what they feel is right. Or maybe it's because I'm the only real sports fan they have to immulate. Either way, if they decide later they want to root for the Garnet and Gold or whoever else, that's fine too. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Go Gators!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Sorry Katheryn, in this family you are outnumbered... but we love you anyway (I'm sure Nathan gets it on your side). GO GATORS!!! But as for the chop, that is fine to teach her. Nathan- just remind Mandy that it is the "Atlanta Braves" chop! ;)