Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Dallin

Today marks six years since our handsome Dallin was born. He is such a blessing to us. He makes us laugh. He stretches our imagination. He is an amazing big brother. He is curious about the world around him and finds wonder in even the smallest of things. We love him so very much.

To begin his birthday celebrations, he received two very fun letters in the mail yesterday. One from Mama Doris and one from Mema. Now he is a rich little man.

IMG_4767

He is so excited about his new found wealth. And just to let you know how very thoughtful and sweet he is, do you know what his first thought was to do with the money? Put the money in the bank to help save up for us to buy a mini-van. I guess he has heard Nathan and I talk about saving up to buy one and he wants to help out the family too.

I am so proud to have him as a son. He brightens my day every day. Happy Birthday Dallin!

(P.S. Today also happens to be one of my very best friend, Kylia's, birthday too. The 23rd of June must be a major holiday in heaven for them to send down so many great people on this day :) Happy Birthday Kylia!)

8 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

That is so sweet how he wanted to help the family by saving for a minivan. I hope he has a great birthday, because he sure is a wonderful little boy. Happy Birthday from your Shuler cousins in Hosford!

Casey Gentle said...

Happy Birthday Money-Bags! That is fantastic. I was thinking the other day that his birthday had to come up soon. I hope Dallin's day is great! I love starting a day receiving checks! What are you baking up for him? I bet something wonderful! Enjoy your thoughtful boy on his special day.
Mark wants me to have a minivan. He tried to trade his 49 Pontiac for one! lol I understand saving up for one of those.

Stacy Pettersen said...

And Gordon B. Hinckley, too, right? Definitely a special day. Sorry our card is going to be late; I'm without a calendar this year so I keep getting all the cards out belated. =( We love you so much though, Dallin. Hope your day is GREAT!

KYLIA said...

Happy Birthday Handsome Dallin!! I'm so glad that we were born on the same day...you were just a few years behind! :) I hope you have a great day today and get to eat lots of cake!!

P.S. TK - thanks for the b-day shout out on your blog!!!!

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday Dallin!!!

Becky Shuler said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Dallin I didn't "do" children in my house. Kylia said something to the effect "Wow, won't it be something with a child in your house now when Kat comes over to visit." Total shock! I said something about "she can bring him but he will have to stay out on the porch." What a difference holding that little man in my arms and looking into his precious, innocent face made. Now I LOVE children. Dallin changed my world for the better.

minnieokra said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dallin!!!

Kim Jarvis said...

Happy Late Birthday, Dallin! Sorry....it's been crazy busy here with Nana helping us to move. The girls are excited that they get to live closer to you now!