Thursday, September 10, 2009

LOST

And I don’t mean the ABC television show, although it is one of my favorites. I mean Dallin’s first baby tooth. It finally came out.

IMG_6290

It has been loose and wiggly for a while and he finally pulled it right out.

IMG_6292

The crazy thing is that his permanent tooth was coming in right behind it. Isn’t that odd?

IMG_6299

The tooth fairy was a bit of a bumbler though. First of all, she didn’t even have any cash on hand so instead she went out to the store late in the evening and just bought Dallin a little toy. Then the absent minded fairy completely forgot to exchange the tooth with the toy. So the next morning I had to send Dallin into the other room so that the tooth fairy could quickly set his little toy beside his tooth and then she forgot to even get the tooth. Dallin noticed this of course and so she had to come back a second night and take the tooth. She is so forgetful. What’s up with mythical creatures these days? Do you think I should contact the Fairy Workers Union and let them know about the poor service we received?

IMG_6307

5 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

I didn't know the tooth fairy had a gender! Must be the one assigned to your family is a lady. Being that they are fairies, I should've known. I had a friend in elementary school that had her front baby tooth that wouldn't come out and her mom wouldn't make her pull it. It hung there in front while her permanent teeth were all in place. Must've been a year or two. Good thing Dallin pulled his!

Cari said...

He looked like he was happy with the toy the tooth fairy left instead of money. She may have been smart starting off the first tooth with a little toy instead of money. Hopefully this tooth fairy will come to our house instead of the one who brings money!

Laurel Shaw said...

hey don't feel so bad- the tooth fairy wasn't that great at our house either. She even skipped us one night completely! Hayden has that exact tooth loose right now and won't let us pull it. Maybe if I show him the blog he will let us. Tell Dalin congrats.

Erin said...

We haven't had a natural visit from the Tooth Fairy at our house yet - Emma had to have a tooth pulled last summer, but no loose teeth yet! I acan't remember what the fairy left for her, though...I think I was asleep at the time.
Congrats, Dallin - how brave of you to just pull the thing out!

Sherri said...

Ha!Ha! I've got one better than you! Try the tooth fairy being slap forgetful for two weeks! Yes! I said two weeks! I forgot Emily so many times that she figured it out and I couldn't help but laugh! I'm terrible at the tooth fairy, Easter bunny,birthdays, and Christmas!! I let my youngest girls select their Easter stuff, birthday presents and sometimes even Christmas! The older I get, the worse I get! Especially since mine seem to be opinionated! I have found that it is easier to let them choose so they are guaranteed to be happy! Of course, the older they get, the less mother knows best!Ha!

Sherri