Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Halloween - Early

Last Saturday we went to a Halloween party at our friends Mandi and Aaron’s house. We had more fun than I have had in quite a while. Everyone dressed-up, there were no kids, some very delicious food (Cassie you still need to tell me how to make those cookies!!!), and terrific company.

Party Pics copy

We talked, we laughed, and we played. One game that we played was the newly wed game. For the first round, the ladies left the room and the guys answered five questions. Us ladies came back in and it just so happened that Nathan and I had to go first. The very first question was “What did you do on your first date?” Should be easy, right? For the life of me, I could not remember. I could totally remember our second date, but not a detail about our first. With all eyes on me, I was feeling the pressure of everyone wanting to move on with the game and so I just had to go with the answer “I don’t remember.” Lo and behold, that is exactly what Nathan had written. Someone laughed and said, “You know Nathan said the same thing, he couldn’t remember your first, but he could remember your second.” How crazy is that??? When we got home, I actually had to go look up what we had done on our first date. Putt-Putt Golf. I still just barely remember it. But it must not have been too bad, because I asked him out for our next date. Yep, I asked him out the second time around. Which surprised even me! And why was our second date so special and memorable? We got all dressed up and went to see a symphony. It was also the first time that he held my hand. I’m sure I’ll never forget that.

Party Pics2 copy

For the party, Nathan did a trial run of his Tin-Man costume. Every year at his office, his little finance department does a ‘group’ costume. This year they went with a Wizard of Oz theme. I thought his costume looked awesome! Especially the shiny face paint.

Nathan Tin Man copy

I went dressed as a heart so that I could be the ‘heart’ the Tin-Man was searching for. Cheesy – I know, but it was all I could think of to match with him and still meet my tiny budget requirements!party pics3 copy

Thanks again Mandi for a terrific party!!

8 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! I have always wanted to throw a couples' Halloween party where everyone matches their spouse. We are matching this year, too: Jon is Peter Pan, I'm Wendy, and Annabelle is Tinkerbell. I'll have to post the pictures when the costumes are done.

P.S. I think the heart is a cute idea!

Casey Gentle said...

no one ever really remembers putt-putt! super cute costumes!! i love the cheese, pour it on!

Erin said...

I loove it that you were Nathan's heart - I thought it was so creative!
Have you ever noticed how much you learn about your friends playing the newlywed game? Such Fun!

The Sauls Family said...

Hahaha! For the record- the first date I went one with Nathan? Putt-Putt!

I love the costumes. I hope Nathan wins the prize at work.

Mandi said...

Thanks!!! I am so happy you guys got to come this year! My favorite part was hearing the screaming story on your honeymoon. I can see it in my mind and it is funny. I love the newly wed game and I love that neither one of you remebered your first date. You really are ment for one another.
I loved nathan's costume and his shime every where he went.So cute and creative you being his heart it fits the 2 of you perfectly.
Yeah, for a fun night! I think we should do it more often. Lets come up with a holiday just to have another party with everyone!

Katheryn said...

Jennifer, that is hilarious that your first date with Nathan was Putt-Putt too. I wonder how many other first dates he spent at a mini-golf course.

Kim Jarvis said...

I wish I could see more of your costume. Did you make it? Nathan's looks great! You'll have to let us know how the contest goes.

I LOVE Erin and Jason's costumes! That is so perfect with her being pregnant! Great idea!

Katheryn said...

Yes I made it. I just cut out two big hearts from some red fleece then hot glued them together leaving holes for my head and arms. It wasn't perfect, but it worked:)