Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mine

A few days ago, the kids woke up at their usual time and not surprisingly they all ended up piled in our bed.  Layton has really been progressing with his speech and so we were pointing to each other and getting him to say our names.  We pointed to Dallin and he said, “dats Dallin”.  We pointed at Nathan and he said, "dats Daddy”.  We pointed at Mandy and he said, “NO”.  It’s his favorite word.  We’re taking that to mean that she is his favorite :)  Then they all pointed at me and he said, “MINE”.   Not just once, but over and over he claimed me as his.

IMG_77361

And I have to admit, that’s about right.  I am his and he is mine.  Just like I am Mandy, Dallin, and Nathan’s too and they are mine.  Not really in the personal possession sense of the word, we are not objects, but rather in the sense that we belong to each other.  Kind of like puzzles pieces come together to make a perfect picture.  We are the same way.  Each of us is unique, but somehow we all fit in just the right spot to create a not so perfect but very happy family.  We belong together.

Puzzle

3 comments:

The Sorrell Family said...

Comparing our families to puzzles is a great analogy. Thanks

Becky Shuler said...

As I am yours and you are mine also! What a lucky Mema I am.

Kelly said...

I LOVE YOU! I have had a Very Heavy Heart since Sunday! Boo Hoo!
Thanks for Everything!
Love your Post!