Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought it only appropriate to share a few of the things that I am grateful for.

IMG_74991

1. My Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. Without them, I wouldn’t have all the other things that I am grateful for.

2. My husband. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me. I love to laugh and smile and he makes me laugh and smile everyday.

3. My children. They each are challenging to deal with in their own unique way, but they each also bring so much joy to my life that I can’t imagine that my heart could be whole without them.

IMG_7013 copy

4. My extended family. I was so blessed to be born into a wonderful family that I love. They have loved me unconditionally since birth and have helped shape who I am. I am doubly blessed in not only having been born into a wonderful family, but also marrying into one. Nathan’s family has truly become my own and I love them.

5. Really good friends. I am lucky to be blessed with quite a few really good friends and I am so grateful for them.

6. A home to live in, a backyard to play in, food to eat, clothes to wear, a car to drive, comfy couches to curl up on, and all the other possessions that we have been blessed with that make our life enjoyable.

IMG_77261

7. Music. Beautiful music. It adds a layer of happiness to life that is just delightful.

8. Photographs. The really good ones, that capture that perfect moment. They help me remember what all I am thankful for.

9. Enlightenment and understanding. I am so grateful for those moments when I have a problem and somehow, someway, I see the answer so clearly right before me.

10. Holidays. They bring together all the family and friends that I love best.

IMG_7763 copy

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don’t eat too much!

5 comments:

KYLIA said...

That was a great post...until I got to the end and you said "don't eat too much." :)Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! Love y'all!

The Sauls Family said...

I knew I liked you. Your thankful list mirrors my own exactly!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Kelly said...

That was Amazing... Again! Loved your List! I am Thankful for you and your happy heart! I am Thankful for the many Sundays we have gotten to be together!
I am thankful for the person who came up with Blogs so we can see all your goodness. Those photos were SOOO COOL! I wish I could be a fly on the wall as you blog to learn all your "Tricks"
Happy Thanksgiving! It just wont be the same with out you guys this year! We will miss you... your cute family and your yummy cooking! We LOVE the Jarvis Family!
xoxoxoxo

Becky Shuler said...

Amen. I agree with everything you shared, especially the "being thankful for good photographs!" We have a lot in common, cousin!

Mandi said...

You are great!!! I have really loved getting to know you better in primary. Isn't it funny how much more you realize all the things you are thankful for this time of year? I love it! Great post and you are the best. I am thankful for our new friendship!