Friday, February 12, 2010

Love and Chocolate

Did you know that last Saturday, February 6th, was International Chocolate Day?  I didn’t remember it until my friend Becky W. reminded me about it on her blog.  Well, we couldn’t let an important day like that pass by without some celebration, right?  And what better way to celebrate International Chocolate Day than with chocolate!

IMG_0029

I think this may now be one of Mandy’s favorite holidays.  I have to admit, that I pretty much loved it too.  And I have loved on the chocolate we bought all week long.  I am almost out though, so I’m putting this post out there as a blatantly huge hint to Nathan, that he could have a very very happy Valentine if he comes through with some chocolate to celebrate the loviest day of the year.  We don’t do subtle hints in our house.  They just don’t work.  So now, if Nathan will just give me a blatantly huge hint right back as to what he wants, we’ll have one fantastic Valentine’s Day.

Here’s to all the people that I love!  May you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend filled with love, happiness, and if you are lucky, some really good chocolate.

6 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

I still try to do subtle hints. I have no idea why. They obviously never work. I will try to follow your example and be more blatant. Hope you get your chocolate and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

The Sauls Family said...

Mmmm...Peterbrook chocolate! LOVE IT. Especially their chocolate popcorn.

Stacy Pettersen said...

How could a holiday like this have existed all this time without me knowing it??? I was just thinking that I wanted chocolate for V-Day... I may give my hint as well!

Laurel Shaw said...

You're killing me! Chris and I are trying out "being healthy". I knowsome wouldn't hurt. but when it comes to chocolate I just don't know when to stop!!!!

Casey Gentle said...

Peterbrook has the BEST chocolate covered strawberries. Hints don't work here either. How come us girls keep hoping that hints are helpful? Gotta love clueless men!! YUM. V-day is only the 3rd highest selling chocolate holiday. Probably because men can't take a hint.

Becky said...

You really know how to celebrate. I think that you should be giving ME ideas for what to make for this special holiday. Or maybe just tell me now so that I can make them now to prepare for next year? Or next week...