Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Girls Camp

It has been a long long long time since I have gone to girls camp.  It was almost half my lifetime ago that I went to camp with some of my best friends and some fantastic leaders.  It was nice to find out not that much about camp has changed.

There are still lots of camp songs:

IMG_0257

IMG_0465

Still starting fires with batteries:

IMG_0453

Still fantastic leaders:

IMG_0336

That know how to have a good time:

IMG_0351

Hiking:

IMG_0369

Swimming:

IMG_0644

Great friends:

IMG_0406

And even a little first aid.

IMG_0550

I have to admit it was good times.  Especially for me since I probably have the best camp job you can have – camp photographer – I just get to walk around and enjoy everyone’s fun (and laugh at them a little bit too) and I don’t have to be responsible for anyone or anything!  We’ve got one more certification day ahead of us this month and then we’ll have our shortened camp in June.  I’m looking forward to it – well looking forward to everything except the heat and the bugs, but I’m hoping it won’t be too bad!

4 comments:

that1gamer2know said...

Awesome Day!! I'm glad you captured me at my best...lol You think we had fun on certification day wait until actual camp! We should be in the same cabin!!!

Becky Shuler said...

I have to know...how do you start a fire with batteries. You can just email me with the info.
Mema

Mandi said...

Looks like fun! It is going to be super fun having you in our cabin this year....get ready to laugh!

Laurel Shaw said...

I love the memories I have of Girls Camp!
The testimony meetings were always the BEST!