Friday, June 10, 2011

Aunt Mary

Last weekend we traveled over to Bristol to attend the memorial service of my Aunt Mary, who passed away earlier last month.  Aunt Mary is my mom’s only sibling and was my mother’s very best friend. 

IMG_5202-8x10 crop

She is a beautiful lady – especially on the inside.  Aunt Mary was a VERY outspoken person.  As has been said of others – you either LOVED her or you HATED her.  Gladly, I loved her.

IMG_5202-Aunt Mary

She had a fun sense of humor and was a friend to the end.  She raised a wonderful family that has grown and grown.  This isn’t even all of them!  I think there are either 7 or 8 grandchildren missing from this picture.

IMG_5186

Uncle Jon is a wonderful man too.  He’s another one with a great sense of humor.

IMG_5224

I’m glad he has so much family surrounding him.  Hopefully he won’t be too lonely!

2 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

I loved Mary, too. We grew up together and she always brought out the prankster in me. I had never seen the portrait before. She really is beautiful.

Becky Shuler said...

Such a nice post. We miss Sister Mary Kern. She was a beautiful lady and very smart too! Is that a picture of Nancy in the middle? I loved Nancy and think about what a sweet reunion that was when Mary joined her daughter on the other side. Very nice family pictures, Katheryn. Well done.