Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our little crazy boy…

IMG_0057

Kids can be so funny.  Seriously they come up with some of the craziest stuff.  Like this morning, Layton told that if I didn’t get out of bed and get his drinky (aka chocolate milk) that the boogie man was going to get me.

Or a couple of nights ago, Nathan was giving Layton one of his specialty hugs.  He does high hugs, Lightning McQueen hugs, tickle hugs, Mater Hugs, and all kinds of other ones that he and Layton have come up with.  That night Layton asked for a Pirate hug.  Then we asked how do you give a Pirate Hug.  He responded, “With Pirate Attitude”.  Yep, he’s got attitude all right.

And between all the craziness he can be ridiculously sweet.  Like yesterday when he woke up from his nap and started asking for Daddy and then he wanted me to call Daddy and tell him to come home.   That may not sound like much to some people, but it was pretty much a miracle to me and Nathan.  He is a momma’s boy through and through and so for him to ask for Daddy is like one of the sweetest things he’s ever said about Nathan.

4 comments:

Lea Whittaker said...

Very Sweet! He sounds like he would be a fun little guy to be around!

Janie Mueller said...

Layton seems like the kid of kid I could watch all day just for entertainment:) I love reading your posts about him!

Kelly said...

Love those boys.. Great Pic.
I hope you jumped up and got the chocolate milk! Would Hate for the boogie man to get you.

Kelly said...

I am looking forward for a update on the contest... With the determination you and Nathan have I don't think anyone stands a chance. Good Luck! Love ya!