Friday, September 9, 2011

And the winner is….

NATHAN!!!  He lost a whoppin’ 12.5 lbs.  Which is just over 6% of his body weight.  And me well, I may be the loser of this competition, but I still count myself a winner because I lost 7 lbs which is right at 5% of my body weight.  AND – the best part, I am in much better shape and I don’t think that our vacation is going to kill me.  Just yesterday, I got on the stair climbing machine at the YMCA and made it up 72 flights of stairs (that’s 720 steps) in 20 minutes and I didn’t pass out.  That’s pretty much a miracle right there.  My clothes even fit a little bit better.  They are still pretty snug because I still need to loose about 10 more lbs, but at least it doesn’t feel like the button on my pants are going to pop off and hit somebody in the eye.

I am so excited right now, I can hardly stand it.  I doubt I’ll even sleep tonight.  I can’t wait to drop my kids off at Nana’s house.  Wow that didn’t sound very nice did it?  But it was honest.  I’m going to miss these three crazies

IMG_32691IMG_3209IMG_32171

but I’m also going to enjoy having a break from them.  Oh sure, most of the time, I love being around them and I know I’m going to be sad not to get their hugs and kisses everyday for a week or so – but I can tell you one thing – I am NOT going to miss the tantrums, the whining, and the fighting.  I’m going to love not having to tell someone to “stop it” or “don’t do that” or “that’s not nice” or “no, you can’t have that” for a while.  It will be such a relief.  Nana – all I have to say is you are pretty much a saint.  Bless your little heart for taking on our brood and their CRAZY schedule of school, baseball, ballet, and cub scouts. 

I am so looking forward to seeing the sunset over the mountains, to walk for hours through the woods, to go horseback riding down a winding trail, to explore the depths of the caves, and to thrill at a wild ride down a river.  No more counting down the days.  Now I’m counting down the hours.

7 comments:

Ilene said...

I hope you have a blast it sounds amazing!

chuda said...

Way to Go on the weight both of you... I'd have to say its a tie. Men always loose weight faster than us ladies. But Amazing!

I'm sooo excited for you to go and have fun! The kids will be in Heaven with Nana too. I will be thinking about you. Can't wait to see the blog updates of all the fun.

Love You

Kelly said...

That was from me... Madison was on last...

xoxo

Lea Whittaker said...

Have a blast. It is perfectly okay to want/need a break from our kids every now and then. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Just like we have to invest in our kids every day we must invest in our marriages too!!

Laurel Shaw said...

Have fun!!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories!!
You'll have to be my personal trainer and teach me the stair machine! It intimidates me!!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great time and hope Nana does too..

Becky Shuler said...

This will probably be one of the most memorable vacations of your life. You are right about Nana. She is a saint.