Monday, July 28, 2008

Wii like to play

Dad decided to buy a Nintendo Wii game console because he had played it at the Gavilan's and got hooked. He told us how fun it was and so we were invited to his first Wii party. I grew up playing video games and have always enjoyed them but I thought it was kind of funny that my Dad would buy one. We had a blast playing the games. Dallin of course was itching to play ever since he saw Grandpa playing it and showing us what it was all about. Dallin did alright even if he did swing the controller funny. We played a game of golf and it would register Dallin's swing even though he was swinging it backwards. Katheryn did really well too during our bowling game. Dallin had the best celebrations though. He would throw his hands up in the air and even drop on to the floor sometimes. Mandy was our cheerleader and gave everybody a five when they were done with their turn. Nana had just had her surgery and wasn't up to playing but she said she would beat us next time. One of the most fun aspects of the experience was setting up our Mii characthers and choosing our different facial features. As corny as it may sound, Wii are big fans!
Click to play Wii Party

2 comments:

LESLIE said...

I love the Jarvis blog!! Cute stories, cute kids, cute family!! What's not to love!! Thanks for always posting! I love to read your posts! I haven't tried a Wii yet, but I've heard they're fabulous!

The Sauls Family said...

The Wii? It's like crack- it's so addicting! I'm not even a video game person, and I love it. We did a Wii bowling tournament this past Christmas over at my parent's house, complete with brackets and rankings. *Very* serious business. ;) We've decided to make it an annual thing.

(This is Jennifer Sauls, btw. Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog. Your kids are adorable. It's also very funny to me to see people I recognize from Middleburg. I recognized Emma Howle in Dallin's birthday pictures. And Nathan's dad still looks *exactly* as I remember him. It suddenly occurred to me that this note is now longer than my original comment. *blushes*)