Sunday, August 31, 2008

Backpack

Sometimes I think that Mandy is just as excited as Dallin is about getting up to take him to school in the morning. When I tell her where we are going, she claps her hands and says, "Yea, we are going to Dallin's school!" However when we leave Dallin at the school, she is a lot less excited about that. A few days ago as we were leaving the school she asked me if we could go home and take a nap right now so that we could come back and pick up Dallin. She has learned that our new routine is that right after she gets up from her nap we leave the house to get Dallin. She just wanted to speed things along a little. And to help her feel more a part of the whole going to school process she has starting wearing her "backpack" to drop Dallin off and pick him up. Her "backpack" is actually her baby doll's diaper bag, but she figured out how she could put in on to make it seems like a backpack. Layton really enjoys our forays into the school as well. Something about babies just attracts people and he loves to have people talk and smile at him. It puts a huge smile on his sweet little face. What is really entertaining to me is the expression on other people's faces when they look at him. Little girls' faces especially just light up when I walk by with him. It is so cute to see their little eyes get all starry and hear them make little cooing noises as him. It makes me feel good that my sweet little boy, who brings so much joy to me, brings joy to so many others as well.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so cute how little sisters miss their big brothers so much. Brynn always misses Peyton when he is at school, but all I can think about is how peaceful everything is! Anyways, I got the background idea from a website and just recreated it. But then I made up my own header. Thanks for the compliment!