Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nightmares

Dallin doesn't usually wake up during the night, but a few days ago he did. He came out of his room and woke me up to tell me that he had a bad dream. He wanted to know if he could sleep with me, but I am not too thrilled at having a child that moves around and kicks in his sleep in the bed with me. I told him that he would have to go back to his bed and so he began to whine. And everyone that knows Dallin knows that he is a champion whiner. So I thought for a moment about what I could do to get him to go back to bed and I told him that we could say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help him not to have any more bad dreams. At that suggestion, Dallin stopped whining and we knelt down and he said the prayer. Then without another whine, he gave me a kiss and went right back to bed. In the morning, he got up and told me that he had not had any more bad dreams and that Heavenly Father had "protected" him from the bad dreams. Since that night I have been thinking a lot about how pure and simple Dallin's faith is. No wonder we have been told to become as a little child. Dallin believed that Heavenly Father would help him, and He did. It leads me to think that perhaps if I exercised my faith the way that Dallin did then I would receive more answers to my prayers.

No comments: