Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we were home bound while Tropical Storm Fay moved over our area. Odd though it may seem, I really enjoyed the storm. Dallin was out of school and Nathan came home from work early on Thursday and then stayed home with us on Friday. It was so nice being at home together. There were no demands on our time. No rushing here and there trying to get things done. No packing up the entire house just to go out and run an errand or even go to some place fun. We just did whatever we wanted. Nathan and I took turns reading a book, which I especially appreciated because I haven't been able to sit down and read a book in a long time. We put the kids to bed at the usual time and then curled up on the couch together to watch some Olympics late into the night. All in all, it was three gloriously relaxing days. A much needed break from our usual routine. Layton seem to really enjoy the storm too. He loved looking out the sliding glass doors and watching the wind blow and rain pour. I guess he takes after me in that I actually enjoy the sound and sight of the wind and rain. It holds a certain majesty that I find awe inspiring and in some strange way comforting. It is like the physical manifestation of the way I feel about our spiritual lives. The storms of the world may pound the outside of our home, and while it may not be perfect inside our home, it is a warm safe happy place.

No comments: