Monday, September 15, 2008

Copy Kat

Even though she calls me Mommy and not Kat like the rest of my family, Mandy definitely loves to be my little copy "kat". We were getting ready to go out and I told Mandy that she need to get her shoes on and get ready to leave. She runs and gets her shoes and then the next thing I know she is sitting on the couch putting on "contacts". I asked her what she was doing and she said she had to "put in her eyes, so she could see better." I guess she thinks when she sees me putting my contacts on that I am actually putting new "eyes" on. It just cracked me up because it caught me so off guard. But Mandy is always catching me off guard with things. The other day we were going to the park and when we turned onto the park road there was a gas station on the corner. Mandy piped up from the back seat, "Mom, do you need to fill up?" Oddly enough I was sitting on a quarter of a tank and I actually could have used a fill up. Often I hear her saying the same things that I say. She walked into the kitchen where Dallin had spilled water on the floor and I heard her say "What the heck?" as she stepped onto it. That is so me. I really am going to have to be more careful about what I say. I just know that one of these days I am going to say something that I wouldn't want everyone else to know and she will repeat it to the world at the most inappropriate time. It is bound to happen that she will embarrass me like that someday. I am sure it won't be the first or last time that a mom gets embarrassed by their child repeating something that she has said.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so funny! You never know what kids are picking up on, good or bad. Brynn thinks she has to put on make-up and lotion every time we go anywhere, so it must be a girl thing! Mandy is sure cute!