Monday, September 29, 2008

Craziness

One of Dallin's favorite pastimes is to make pictures and signs that he hangs up all over the house. He is constantly asking me to spell things for him to put on his signs. He has asked me to spell everything from flower to one way to outer space. So one day when he asked me to spell "crazy" I didn't think too much about it because he is always asking me to spell random words. Last Friday I had such a hectic day. I had several deadlines for work that I was stressing about. Layton was being extraordinarily fussy and Mandy had chosen this day to make everything a battle of wills between us. Because I had been trying so hard to get things done for work, my housework had slipped quite a bit and the laundry was amassing at an amazingly rapid rate. I had gotten to the point in the day when I was so frustrated that I was ready to pull my hair out. At that moment I happened to look over at the door and saw the sign that Dallin had hung there. On the sign he had written "DO NOT GO CRAZY". The laughter started to bubble up inside of me and burst out with such force that it made Mandy and Layton jump. I laughed for a good long time and suddenly the day didn't seem to be so bad after all. I have no idea why Dallin made that sign, but I am sure glad that he did. I am actually considering framing it and making it a permanent part of my decor.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

He was inspired to make that sign for a time just like that. I could use several signs like that to remind me not to go CRAZY! Frame it and use it then when he is a Dad and needs a litte reminder you can pass it on to him. Call me next time you are needing a little help and I would love to run over and snatch up those kids...

Stacy Pettersen said...

Scripture of the day, 3 Nephi 26:16- "even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things" ... very wise counsel Dallin!

LESLIE said...

When I have a bad day I just read your blog!! I get so tickled every time and today is no exception!! That is too hilarious!! I would definitely frame it! Does he have any for sale? I needed one yesterday!

Melissa said...

That was so funny! I think the Lord inspires these little ones sometimes to help us adults get back on track and realize what is REALLY important in life! That was cute!

Marla said...

That is hilarious. Yes, I would like to put in an order for a sign like that for my house! I love reading your blog, it is always full of funny, touching, and sweet moments. Keep the posts coming! :)