Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homework

Dallin absolutely loves going to school. He is so excited each morning to get up and go there. It makes me so happy to see him so excited about learning. I realize that he is only just starting out and that in the not too distant future, school will likely become a bit of a drag, but I hope that it takes as long as possible before that time comes. He even loves to do homework. He loves sitting down with me to practice the new words that they are learning to read each week. He especially loves to read the little practice books that his teacher sends home with him on Thursdays. He enjoys counting so much that he barely even gets home from school before he opens up his school binder and starts practicing counting to 100. He was so proud of himself when he learned to count to 100 by 10s. I'll have to admit, I was pretty darn proud of him too. He also really loves "color" day. Every Wednesday his teacher invites all the kids to dress in one specific color and they learn how to spell that color and all about things that happen to be that color. I am just so proud of my little kindergartner and how much he is learning.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Dallin, You are not only a smartie pants you are Cutie pie! I can't help smile when I see him. I think I got a good photo of Dallin and Maizie at church today! You did Awesome with all the songs to day at the program Your amazing! "Bummer Deal" you didn't get to take advantage of your one chance sitting by your Love.