Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home Movies

Dallin and Mandy love to see pictures and videos of themselves. So a few days ago, Mandy begged to watch the DVD of her first year. All three of my kids were enthralled by it. However Dallin's interest seemed to focus not on what he and Mandy were doing in the videos but rather on the toys that happened to be in different clips. Each toy that he saw he would comment on whether or not we still had it, or if it had gotten broken, or if we had given it away to make room for new toys. He seemed to pay particular attention to his red ride on fire truck. Even though he is 5 years old and way too big to even ride on it, he still talks of it wistfully. It was his favorite toy and it was a sad day in our house when the axle broke on it. Isn't it sad that I have such a materialistic child? Here we were watching old movies and remembering happy times and all Dallin could think about was a toy that he hasn't seen in over two years. Boys and their love of toys! But he comes by it honest. Nathan loves his toys too. Only his toys are a lot more expensive and generally either have a remote or a hard drive associated with it.

Looking at this old picture of Dallin and Mandy, it is almost like looking at Dallin and Layton together. I am starting to think that Layton looks even more like Mandy than he looks like Dallin!

3 comments:

LESLIE said...

If I wouldn't have read your post I would never have known that was Mandy!! Goodness!! They look identical!! I feel like I say that every time!!

Kim Jarvis said...

Wow - when I first glanced at that second picture, I thought it was Layton!

Melissa said...

Um, yeah I would say that Layton looks just LIKE Mandy! That is crazy, you always think that one of your kids look likes the other until you actually see baby pictures!