Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Food

Layton is now 5 and 1/2 months old, so I decided to try him out on some solid food. For his first food, I gave him rice cereal with apples. He seemed to enjoy it fairly well. In fact after the first few spoonfuls he grabbed the spoon away from me and tried to feed himself. It is always humorous to watch a baby learn to eat solid foods because at first they don't really know what to do with it. Layton pushed a lot of it back out with his tongue, got a little choked on how it went down a couple of times but eventually started to get the idea of swallowing it down. When he got tired of it though he started blowing raspberries with it and spewed it all over me. It is not unusual though for me to have some kind of food either spit up on me, wiped on me, spilled on me, or in this cased spewed on me. What can I say, it is one of the joys of being a mom that my clothes are only clean for about 1 minute each morning. But then, as clumsy as I am, my clothes didn't stay that clean even before I had kids :)

No comments: