Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Postcards

We live three hours away from my parents, and while we do try to go visit very often, my kids still don't get to see their Meme and Granddaddy as often as they would like. To help keep in touch, my mom has been sending Mandy and Dallin little postcards in the mail. The postcards are usually either an original piece of artwork of my mom's or some really cute picture that she knows the kids will like. While Dallin and Mandy both love to receive their little bit of mail, it seems to be extra special for Mandy. She loves it so much that each new postcard that she receives she carries it around with her for days. She will often even sleep with it. She is always so proud of them. I kind of wonder if Mandy thinks that I am extraordinarily forgetful though, because after she receives one she feels the need to show it to me not once but many, many, many times. I am really glad that my mom has found a way to stay connected with my kids and make them feel special even though we live so far apart. If she loves her grandchildren this much, can you imagine how much she loves her children? I have such a special mother. I couldn't imagine there being anyone more perfectly suited to be the mother of a child like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to Minnie!!!! And it's not even Mother's Day. I read the blog to Mama Doris (as usual) and she insisted that I call Minnie and read it to her - I did. I could tell she was soooo pleased and she asked me to run off a copy.

Keep on blogging. I am glad that you have found a way to stay in touch with the family, too.