Monday, October 27, 2008

Zoo Day

Zoo quote of the day:

"I'm nocturnal. I do things at night. I talk to Mandy after we go to bed at night."
~Dallin H. Jarvis

It has been a while since we had been, but we finally took a little trip out to the zoo to spend a few hours enjoying the animals. The weather was perfect and the animals were up and moving a bit. Except the lion that is. As many times as we have been to the zoo, I don't think that I have ever seen the lion move. Dallin's favorite parts of the day were the snakes, the frogs, the bats, and playing at the tree house. Mandy's favorite part of the day was the riding the carousel with Daddy. She loved it so much that she cried when it was time to get off. Dallin on the other hand didn't like the carousel so much. He refused to even sit on one of the animals, instead I sat with him on one of the little benches that they have on the ride. I think he was afraid of going up and down and possibly falling off. I can't believe he was so scared of it! Layton of course just enjoyed being outside and seeing so many new and wonderful things. This was actually his very first trip to the zoo! Nathan got see what I keep telling him about how everywhere I go so many people constantly tell me how cute he is. I think almost every third or fourth person that we crossed paths with told us how cute Layton looks. And who am I to argue with the masses? We had a great time and can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Kim Jarvis said...

We haven't been to zoo in a while. Up here, our favorites are the the polar bears and the monkeys.