Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I like you too

About a week or so ago Dallin told me "Mommy, I like you. I like you because you always have good ideas of things for us to do." At the time I laughed a bit since I knew the reason he said that is because I suggested we visit the zoo. So of course he thought that was a good idea. Since then, I have been thinking about some of the things that I like or rather LOVE about Dallin.

1. I love the face he makes when he is trying not to smile, but behind the down turned lips there is a huge grin just waiting to spread across his face.


2. I love how protective he is of Mandy and Layton. He always makes sure that Mandy does what she should and if Layton is crying and I am in another room, Dallin will either bring Layton to me or come let me know that Layton needs me.


3. I love that even though he is now a big 5 year old boy, he never minds sitting beside me and letting me hug and kiss and love on him.


4. I love how creative he is and that he constantly updates the decor on my walls by making new pictures to put up there. I love how he takes the projects and crafts that he does at church and at school and tries to replicate them at home, always adding his own little creative twist to it.


5. I love his silly sense of humor and the crazy jokes he comes up with.

6. I love how he feels the need to describe his every action (past, present, and future) in complete detail. This can be a bit annoying at times when he is talking things to death and I am trying to do something, but when I actually take the time to listen, his detailed monologue is always very amusing.


7. I love how sincere he is when he prays and how completely sure he is that Heavenly Father listens to his prayers and will answer them.


8. I love how excited he is about learning new things and showing off his new found knowledge.


9. I love that he never goes to bed without first giving me a kiss and a hug.


10. I simply love him.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the kid too! He is so PURE and SO STINKEN CUTE! You can just see his goodness in his eyes. You are doing a great job raising him... you have taught Mandy well too. She has picked up on a few good tricks! Ha Ha HA.. I got a good giggle!

Kim Jarvis said...

We love you too! You are so much fun to play with.