Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanks Sweetie

Last Saturday morning Layton decided at 6:00 in the morning that he wanted to be awake for the day. So after feeding him, changing him, and snuggling for a few minutes, I woke Nathan up and asked if he would get up and take care of Layton so that I could sleep for a little while longer. He rolled out of bed, without a word and took him into the living room. I know he wasn't too happy about me waking him up on the one day that he gets to sleep in, but I didn't feel too bad about it because it is also the only day each week that I ever even ask him to help me with Layton. I put my ear plugs in and then drifted off to dream land. I finally roll out of bed at about 8:15. I know that doesn't sound all that late, but for me right now it is the equivalent of sleeping till noon. After pulling my ear plugs out I hear all kinds of giggling coming from the living room, so I walked in and this scene greeted me:



They were having so much fun being silly together. Isn't it obvious why I think I am so lucky to be married to this man? Who wouldn't love a man who would get up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning to play and be silly with his kids?

4 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love you and your family. Nathan trapped my heart the moment I met him and to see him with the kids is phenominal...what a wonderful son-in-law I have!
Mema

McKinnley said...

WOW! What a Keeper! We are both so Blessed! The kids will never forget the playing under the sheet with Dad! The ear plug idea sounds pretty nice! Glad you got a little buch needed sleep!
Opps, McKinnley was on last.
Kelly

Stacy Pettersen said...

I am happy my big brother has turned out to be a great dad! But you better be careful with him... when I was little I got caged in the laundry basket when Nathan was "babysitting" me! =) Yes brother, you will never hear the end of it!

The Sauls Family said...

I have an adorbale picture somewhere of Nathan holding my youngest brother Jed (who was about 8 months old when we started dating). In fact, Nathan was at Jed's 1st birthday party! I knew Nathan would make a great father someday, and I'm glad to see my instincts were right. ;)