Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day Greetings

For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.

For the beauty of each hour,
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light.

For the joy of ear and eye,
For the heart and mind’s delight,
For the mystic harmony
Linking sense to sound and sight.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild.

For each perfect gift of Thine,
To our race so freely given,
Graces human and divine,
Flowers of earth and buds of Heaven.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.

~Folliot S. Pierpoint~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you write that?




love,
Emily S.

The Sauls Family said...

I love that song! Have you ever seen the Winona Ryder version of "Little Women"? I just love the part where the whole family is singing that song, and then Mr. March comes home from the war!! *sniffs*

Katheryn said...

Nope, Emily I didn't write it. I wish that I could write that good :)

And YES of course I saw Little Women, I love that book so I have watched both the old and new versions of the movie. That is one of my favorite parts in the movie too!

Kelly said...

Happy Turkey Day to You! What a Happy Day! We loved being with you early this morning at football and then eating with you all. Thanks for everything you brought. I am craving your stuffing. We went another round tonight and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. Yummers! Thanks for everythig else! That cobbler was a knock out too! Your famiy is so sweet! Thanks for sharing them with us!
I LOVE your new Family photo! DARLING!!! Be safe on your travels!

Kelly said...

I always read my comments "after" I have sent them to find several miss spelled words... I am a bad speller but my typing might be worse.
xoxoxo