Friday, December 19, 2008

School Christmas Program

Have I ever mentioned how much I love kindergartners? Well I do. A lot. The six kindergarten classes at Dallin's school, totalling close to 110 students, put on an "ABC's of Christmas" program. There was the child that upon seeing his mother in the audience began to cry because he wanted to sit with her. There was the child that picked his nose through half of the program. Then there was the child that made every goofy face that he could think of. And the girl that danced and sang like she was a rock star every single song. And of course the little girl that refused to sing a single word to a single song and just stood there like a knot on a log. Lucky for me, none of those were my child. Instead, my child sang at the top of his lungs and did the hand motions so emphatically that I am pretty sure that he hit the little boy standing beside him in the head more than once. I am also pretty sure that in watching Dallin's mouth move that he only got about half of the words to the songs right. But at least he put his whole heart into it. It was a super cute program. They even did Silent Night in sign language and sang a Kwanzaa song. It is so much fun watching little kids sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and knowing that they believe every word of it. And you gotta love them singing Rudolf and watching them try to contain the giggles as they say "Ho Ho Ho" after they sing the line "Santa came to say". I'm telling ya. I love kindergartners!




2 comments:

minnieokra said...

Loved your blog...brings back memories. Little children make Christmas time so much more fun.

Heath Thompson said...

OH is he ever a Cute little Santa. I'd have to say the cutest Kindergarten boy I know! I love watching the kids preform. They bring a smile to evryone. So Fun!
Way to go Dallin you look like a Natural Preformer!
Kelly