Friday, January 30, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Look at my baby. He is standing up all by himself now. In just a few weeks we are sure that he will be taking his first steps. After that, it won't be long and he'll be running instead of walking. Then comes the talking, then he'll learn his colors, and how to count to ten. Before we know it he will be starting school and will learn how to read, add and subtract. Then he'll want to play soccer and basketball and baseball. Next he'll be getting baptized then start the scouting program. In a blink he'll be passing the sacrament in church and then getting a drivers license.

Got..... To...... Slow...... Down...... Starting...... To........ Hyperventilate.

Breath in -huuuhhhh - breath out - whoooooo.

Why, oh, why Layton do you have to grow up so fast? Can't you just be a baby for a little while longer?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a separate note: Nathan is taking the GMAT today from 8:00 to 12:00 to try to get into the Masters program. If you have a quiet moment, please say a little prayer for him. Because of having to work extra hours for the last few weeks and having so much to do for his calling at church, he barely even got to study at all. He could really use your thoughts and prayers with him this morning. Love you all.


***UPDATE*** Nathan just called me from the testing center. At the end of the test, he got an unofficial print out of his score. Based on that he PASSED!!!!!!! So keep your fingers crossed that the official score, which will be sent to him in three weeks, doesn't change. I am so excited!

3 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

Yay Layton (though I have to agree with you on growing up way too fast)! I know how hard the GMAT is, Jon has been studying for it off & on for over a year!

Becky Shuler said...

Mama Doris said" I am so happy that you have this blog. It is the highlight of my day when Becky reads it to me. I am so proud of you and your family...congratulations Nathan!!" She dictated this to me. I echo her sentiments exactly.

Anonymous said...

he really needs to slow down!