Thursday, January 29, 2009

Not a very good tattle tale....

Nathan and I were in the living room watching TV, blissfully ignorant of what was going on in the kitchen. Dallin came running to us declaring in a sing-song tattle taling voice:

"Mandy's got the sprinkles."

Mandy's got the sprinkles? Oh, really? Little did he know that there was evidence all over his tattle taling mouth that he had gotten into the sprinkles too. We called Mandy into the living room to ask her what happened and she claimed, also in a sing-song tattle taling voice, while holding the sprinkles in question in her hand:

"Dallin opened the sprinkles."

So here is what I think really happened. Mandy got out the sprinkles. Dallin opened them. Dallin enjoyed some of the sprinkle-icious spoils. Dallin handed the bottle back to Mandy and went running into the living room, leaving Mandy 'holding the bag'. Ah, but Mommy and Daddy were not to be fooled by Dallin's subterfuge. So as punishment, I made him stand in front of me and let me take a picture of his lying little tattle taling face. I made them put the sprinkles back up that night, but since I really didn't mind them eating them, after they asked nicely the following day if they could have some, I let them eat sprinkles to their little hearts' content.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

This is reminiscent of my mother's story of me and my brother. She claims that I would come to her and say something like "I didn't write on the wall with the crayons!" And that I would be the one who did it. However, I believe in my heart of hearts that I was telling on the real culprit which was ALWAYS, Curtis.

Anonymous said...

Dont you think is so clever?