Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fair is the Sunshine


















I love it when things just fall into place to create a perfect moment in time. For a couple of hours last Saturday, that is what we had. The temperature outside was in the high sixties and the sun was shining bright in the sky. I love that feeling of the air around you having just a little nip to it and then feeling the amazing warmth of the sun on my face, on my back, on my hands. Conditions like that just breed contentment. Add to that three children that are not crying, but are instead laughing and having fun. Then add a little walk in the woods to remind you of the beauty of God's artistry that is always around us. Add a few ducks that gracefully swim by and then waddle right up to you. All those things combined are the makings of a perfect hour spent together as a family.


















Those perfects hours don't happen as often as they should. They are so often interrupted by kids arguing, crying babies, demands of church and work, phone calls, and many other moment destroying things. But perhaps because those perfect moments are so infrequent, it just makes me enjoy and savor and love them more. Oh how I wish I could have another hour just like that right at this moment. Those perfect hours are such stress relievers. They help take just little bit of the weight of the world right off your shoulders. Sadly though the affect of it last for only so long and I have to be brought back to the reality of runny noses, poopy diapers, teething, homework (which requires as much of my time as it does of Dallin's ????), church callings, stormwater permits, budgets, and so on. But at least for that short little time - life was bliss!

2 comments:

minnieokra said...

What a beautiful expression of joy. I really enjoy your blog, Katheryn. Mama

Heath Thompson said...

I have been slacking in checking out the blogs... I love your last post. I LOVE the photos of the kids... but that little Layton just brings happiness to my heart! I am sooo glad you had a Great day with Pure Happiness! With out the worries of the world for just a short while. We had a day just like that when we went to the beach for a pio nic... I thought to myself: This is what Heaven must be like! I have sence thought back to that day and find myself smiling. I hope we both have another day just like this one you had here soon... real soon!
xoxoxox
opps... Kelly