Monday, January 19, 2009

I Won!!!!!

I actually won something! I can't believe it. I never win ANYTHING. But Saturday was my lucky day! I entered a drawing at ThePioneerWomen.com and I won this beautiful knife! I am so excited to try it out! So what is the ThePioneerWomen.com you ask? Just one of the best blogs EVER. The women who writes it is a city girl turned cow girl / mother / photographer / home-schooler / ranch hand / chef. She is absolutely hilarious and every post keeps me in stitches. And in between laughs, she gives out some great recipes, displays some amazing photographs (like the one below), and gives stuff away almost constantly.

It is probably my favorite non-family/friend blog. I still can't believe I won! The odds were totally against it. I mean, she gave away 10 knives, but over 13,000 people entered to win. That put my odds at less than 0.075 %. Crazy.

Some of my other beloved non-family/friend blogs are Bakerella, Picky Palate, and Dozen Flours. I just realized that all the blogs I really like to visit are food blogs. I have issues I tell you. What can I say, I love food. And I love new recipes. It's a sickness. One that I hope I never get well from.

Any-who, how about all of you? Do you have any favorite blogs that I should know about and need to start following?

And with the love of Pioneer Women deeply in my heart,

Good-bye Forever
(not really, probably just until tomorrow)

6 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

LOL!! I love the 'good bye forever'- so PW! :P

Becky said...

Congrats, Katheryn! I wondered if that was you. (I don't know of any other Katheryn's spelled the same way.) One other blog you might enjoy is http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/. Yes, she has some food, but other stuff, too. Thanks for the links.

Stacy Pettersen said...

How did you find these blogs?! I need to check them out. Conrats too, I remember I won 4 tickets to Busch Gardens once, and I was on "Cloud 9!" I hope you don't get over the sickness either, because I love getting recipes from you after you've tried them out. Then everyone thinks I'm such a good cook! (Though I promise I do give you credit!)

Kelly said...

HEY HEY Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I am so Happy for you! It's a Good Day!
Love the photos of the kids. Adorable... OF COURSE!

Kim Jarvis said...

Thanks for the blogs - here are some that I like....
http://www.stephmodo.com/
http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/

Becky Shuler said...

You make me feel like a winner every day. I have won a beautiful family of heart that makes my love grow stronger every day.

I love you!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SolarCooking/

This is a great website for solar cooking.