Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Birdhouse - A Procrastination Project



Extreme procrastinator: one who waits forever - and I mean FOREVER - to complete a project

Nathan and I both fall under that personality category. We have owned the above birdhouse for .....ummmm.....3 months or so. And what has it been doing for the last three months you ask? Sitting in our garage collecting dust. A week ago Saturday Nathan finally decided that it was time we put it out. Not sure what made him finally decide to do, but I am certainly glad he did! That is just the way it is with us procrastinators, when we finally decide to do a project there is generally no rhyme or reason as to why we do it :P. So Nathan got it all set up and let the kids put the bird feed in it.

Day one - no birds.

Day two - no birds.

Day three - no birds.

Day four - no birds.

Day five - Miracle of miracles, a red bird is perched on the feeder eating away happily. I call Nathan excitedly because I see a bird actually eating the bird feed! He comes home eagerly looking for a bird. No bird.

Day six - no birds

Day seven - no birds - Nathan begins to get paranoid that maybe no birds will ever come eat from it (I guess it doesn't matter that I have already seen a bird there) so he throws some additional bird feed out on the picnic table to lure the birds to the birdhouse.

Day eight - Nathan finally sees the red bird that I told him about and he feels very mollified that maybe the birds really do love him and his bird feed.

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

3 months? You don't know procrastination! That's nothin'. LOL

KYLIA said...

I'm with the Jarvis Girls...three months ain't nothing! I've had things I've wanted to do since we moved into our house over four years ago and they aren't done yet!! Y'all look like Speedy Gonzalez next to me!

Becky Shuler said...

Do you remember when you were staying here a few months ago and the birds kept attacking themselves in the reflection of the window? They were cardinals. I think they live here all year round. I had to be patient but the birds come regularly once the feeder is out and they find it. They prefer Black Sunflower seeds.

Mama Doris LOVES her new bird feeder that you gave her!