Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chasing Pigeons


















Did you know that the best part of going to the Museum of Science and History on a warm February day is chasing pigeons? I didn't know that either until I went to the MOSH with 70 something kindergartners. Luckily I was put in charge of only two of them. Dallin and his little friend Alex. Did you know that a three story museum full of interesting, thought provoking exhibits could be toured in under 45 minutes?















The kids arrived at the museum by school bus (which Dallin loved, because it was his first ever ride on a school bus) at 10:00 a.m. By 10:45 those two boys had drug me through every room in the museum at lightening speed and were ready for something new to do. So we went outside by the river and ate our picnic lunch. And then Dallin and some of his other little friends spent almost an hour chasing pigeons and a few seagulls too. By the end of that hour they had run some of their excess energy out of them and we were able to go back inside and enjoy a science demonstration.















We learned all about lightening and static electricity. And we even got to witness the explosion from a tiny hydrogen bomb. Pretty cool. After we got home, the house was nice and quiet because Layton and Mandy were taking a nap. A little too quite. I went looking for Dallin and found him fast asleep laying across the recliner. I guess all that bird chasing paid off. For me that is. It meant that I got 45 minutes of much need peace and quite. It is such a rare occurrence I hardly knew what to do with myself. I decided to follow the kids' example and take a little nap myself. It was excellent. My favorite part of the day, by far.


2 comments:

Lea Whittaker said...

Nap time is most definitely my favorite time of the day too!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds exciteing...fun...and relaxing...!!!!!!!!