Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Everyday Traditions

















We all have traditions that we love. The ones surrounding holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter are ones that I really treasure. But, I also really love the everyday traditions that we do all the time. Like dancing after a movie is over. At the end of every movie as the credits are rolling, at Mandy's insistence, we all get out in the middle of the living room and dance to the music playing. It doesn't matter what the movie is. It can even be one that the kids didn't pay one minute of attention to, like the one we are demonstrating in these pictures. When the credits start rolling - we start dancing. Another everyday tradition that I love is the "I love you" one-upping that we do. If one person says "I love you", the next person says "I love you more", then the other person says back, "I love you the most". Dallin even leveled it up by adding an "I love you the mostest" to the mix. It makes my heart smile to do these everyday little traditions. What are some of your family's everyday traditions that you love?

3 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

I can't think of any family traditions. I am so very glad that you have them and share them.

Stacy Pettersen said...

I can tell on Jon... he loves waking Annabelle up every morning (or even naps if he's here). The soft, sweet "Good morning Baby," followed by rolling her over and playing a few minutes in the crib (and even a diaper change, yay!) before handing her over to Mommy for breakfast!

4's a Family said...

Our girls ask us daily to tell them a story about when we were little, or on our missions, or in college, or just married. We enjoy reminiscing with them, but sometimes it's difficult to think of something original. So we've started asking them to tell us about a time when they were little, or on a trip, or did something new for the first time. It's a fun tradition that we've started, and we like it more now that we're all involved in the story telling.