Monday, February 23, 2009

Just roll over, its not going to kill you...


Layton is such a little turkey. He falls over on his back and rather than just rolling over and continuing on his way, he lays there and cries until someone comes to get him. And it is not like he doesn't know how to roll over. With the right incentive, like a remote control or some other attractive item, he'll roll over to get it. Or when we tell people, like our visiting dignitaries of this past weekend, Kylia and Aunt Becky, about him not rolling over, he'll roll over every time. But mostly, if he is on his back, he just lays there and cries and stubbornly refuses to right himself. Good golly, what a brat he is sometimes. And after I pick him up, what does he do? He smiles at me and melts my heart and makes me give him some kisses. Honestly, I think he is already smarter than I am. He already knows how to manipulate me to do whatever he wants. I am such a pushover. An absolute sucker for a cute baby face.


Like this one:



Or even this one:




He knows that I will do whatever it takes to get him to go from this:




To this:






He's got me wrapped. Completely wrapped.

6 comments:

KYLIA said...

I love his philosophy - Why do it yourself when someone else will do it for you? You are right, he is a smarty pants...and a cutie pants too!

LESLIE said...

I'm totally guilty myself...if you find any good advice how to deny the cuteness let me know! Love the pictures! He is so dang cute!

Heath Thompson said...

He has has me wrapped too! I LOVE that kid. He is soo cute you can't help but let him have what ever he wants just so you can see that darling smile... He got one Adorable bum too! Love him from head to toe and everything in between!
Kelly

Becky Shuler said...

I am a witness. It was like a little turtle waiving his feet in the air. Toally a hoot!

Lea Whittaker said...

Sounds like he knows exactly how to get what he wants:) Don't they all. Thanks for the nice things you said on my blog...I think I may have scared some with my honesty but I am not one to pretend this is easy. Each day is a new day and they always manage to do something cute even amidst the trouble:) I am sure you can relate!

Marla said...

Ya, it would be hard to resist that cute little face. Why are kids so smart? It just doesn't seem right!