Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Ode to Hoover

My steam cleaner - not the President.

Oh how I love thee

Let me count the ways-


You help me clean up poop that has been smeared all over my carpet



Do I really need a second reason to profess my love for my steam cleaner? I think that one reason sums it up quite profoundly.


A little boy that I was babysitting pooped and then decided that he needed to stick his hand into his diaper, grab some poop out and then use it to finger paint my carpet. ajfoidpahnfgvlsojgdvdaz (sorry, I just gagged a little at the memory) He also decided that my piano was entirely too clean and needed to be used as a poopy canvas as well. I literally cried when I saw the piano, great big tearful sobs. Just ask Nathan. I was on the phone with him at the time. It felt as though something sacred had just been desecrated.


I'm really not upset with the boy, after all he's just a little kid. He didn't know that what he was doing was the grossest thing ever. Truthfully, I love him. He is a real sweetheart. A handful, but a sweetheart. This whole experience, while disgusting, left me with a great love and appreciation for a few things, namely:


disinfectant


stain remover


my steam cleaner


disinfectant


air freshener


hot water


disinfectant


copious amounts of antibacterial hand soap


and more disinfectant


I can't imagine life without those things. It just wouldn't smell as good or be as inhabitable. Seriously, without them, I think we might have had to move out of this house.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

THANK HEAVENS FOR HOOVER! I am so GLAD you had a "Helper" to clean up such a mess! EWWWW! It's hard enough to have to deal with... even harder when it is not your own kid! Hope the hosue recovered!
I hope your day is poop free. Ha!

Lea Whittaker said...

I don't know how you dealt with that as well as you did....of course there really aren't any other options at that point. Glad you were able to survive...I may need to research that Hoover!

Erin said...

Oh, I am sooooo sorry! You didn't tell me he got your piano, too! I wish there were some way I could make this up to you!
I can't thank you enough for watching them that night - it was an awful night and knowing that they were safe with you made it easier.