Friday, February 27, 2009

That Crazy Lady

Kylia was nice enough to drive Aunt Becky over to visit with us this past weekend. We had such a good time. Dallin and Mandy, and Layton too, played and laughed and loved all the attention they received. Mmmmmm and the chocolate dipped pretzels. We all enjoyed those.

While they were here, they stopped in at JoAnn Fabrics. Aunt B found this fantastic deal on yarn for crocheting, which she loves to do. But rather than being like most normal human beings on the planet, and just buying 10 or maybe even 15 spools of yarn, she buys 74.
That's right. That is not a typo. I wrote SEVENTY-FOUR. Kylia texted me a picture as proof. Don't be fooled into thinking that she is just standing beside a display of yarn. That is actually her shopping cart. On her gravestone, I think I am going to have them write "Here lies one who could never pass up a good deal, but at least she shared her bounty with everyone."
She is really good that way. When she finds these amazing deals, she buys all of it (and seriously, I mean all of it) and then she shares her spoils with everyone around her. Kylia and I, and I think several other people too, go to her house and do a lot of our shopping. She always has good stuff and better yet, she lets us have it for free. So in the end, I think that we are getting an even better deal that she did!

5 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

Tattle-tale! I probably need to go to Bargainshoppers Anonymous. I do love a good---no, GREAT bargain. I really enjoyed the visit. Look forward to seeing ya'll next weekend.

KYLIA said...

Ain't that the truth! I couldn't believe it when I rounded the corner and saw her with all that yarn...she is such a mess!!! But, that's why we love her so much!

Ilene said...

OMG! And those are big rolls of yarn!

The Sauls Family said...

Hee! That reminds me when we lived over in Tifton and the "good" cereal (or Pop Tarts) would go on sale for less than $2 a box. My mom, sister and I would all go to the grocery store, get the maximum number of boxes we could and go through the line. We'd do this every day as long as the sale lasted! The cashier would always say things like "Y'all must like cereal!" Well, yes, but we LOVE a good bargain. ;)

Becky Shuler said...

So funny! But great that she shares with you! :)