Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines and Sugar Cookies

We were happy, especially Mandy was happy, to have a play date at our house last Wednesday. Several of her friends (or rather my friends who happen to have kids who Mandy happens to love who she happens to call "my kids") came over to play. After she and "her kids" played for a little while, we made these cute little valentine cards. The checkered envelope was made from a pattern that I found here. They can also be made into little baskets if you want. And they can be made much grander in design as seen at Chocolate on My Cranium and here. Very fun and I think very cute. After making little cards, the kids decorated heart shaped sugar cookies. Or rather they dumped a ton of icing on the cookies and had a little cookie with their icing. I think Mandy ate about six of them. She is such a little junk food junkie. She would eat sweets from morning till night if I let her. She is funny about stuff like that. If she eats something good for her, like fruit or vegetables, upon finishing them she immediately asks, "Can I have my treat now?" And she asks this not just occasionally, but EVERY single time she eats something good for her. What am I going to do with that crazy little girl?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

WHAT A PARTY!! So sad we missed out! Those cookies looks Yummy!
Nothing better than friends and cookies! What a perfect day!

Melissa said...

Isn't it so fun to have little girls and throw parties for them? And it sounds like Dallin has an AWESOME teacher, they do so many cute things! In fact, if I am ever a Kindergarten teacher, I am going to asks for copies of your blog, so I can get ideas!

Anonymous said...

I dont know what you are gonna do with Mandy????

Ilene said...

Yep the kids love play group over at your house. And Mandy really likes your icing I watched her suck it right out of the bag after her cookie had a huge glop on it...to cute...Julia says she loves Mandy in her heart.

LESLIE said...

It's been forever since I've checked on everyone's blog. I just wanted to say I've missed yours!! From superella to army men...there's never a dull moment at your house!