Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Fair

IMG_3932 Last week was the last book fair for the year at Dallin’s school. I had been promising Dallin that I would take him to one all year long and let him get a book. I just never got around to it, but since this was the last one, I figured I better get off my sorry (and apparently huge) butt and take him up there. Not surprisingly he picked out a book about animals. All the photos in the book are from that series on the Discovery Channel called Planet Earth. If you’ve never watched it, they show it pretty regularly on there and it is absolutely amazing what they were able to capture on camera and well worth the time it takes to watch it.

This is Dallin trying to look like the hyena in the picture. He is such a goof. But not nearly as a big a one as Mandy.


pinkalicious-cover[1] Anyway, while at the book fair, Mandy of course wanted to pick out a book too. Not surprisingly she picked out the pinkest book there….Pinkalicious. All of you that have little girls are probably familiar with this book. It is really cute and humorous and, well, PINK. The jest of the storyline is that the little girl eats too many pink cupcakes and she turns pink! There are lots of cute, darling, funny little quirky lines in the story that had both Mandy and me smiling.





IMG_3939

But do you know what she thought was the funniest thing? That they show a drawing of the little girl without her shirt on. It wasn’t crack your ribs funny that eating cupcakes turned her pink or super silly that the doctor told her to fix the problem she would have to eat only green things.

Nope for Mandy the absolute, throw your head back and laugh, funniest thing was that there was one drawing where the little girl was NAKED. It was hilarious to watch her tell Maren and Nathan about the story. She couldn’t even turn to that page in the book without cracking up.






IMG_39381So if you ever have the chance to sit down with Mandy and let her show you her Pinkalicious book, it will be so worth your time. It’s the kind of activity you should plan for when you’re having a bad day, because watching her tell the story will make you laugh so hard that it will make your bad day magically turn into an awesome day! So next time you’re having a stinky crappy day, just drop by our house and spend a few minutes with our goofy little girl. Some of her giddiness will rub off on you. I promise.

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

I know all about the silliness. My girls have this baby book series called "Tom and Pippo". There is one where he is looking out the window at the moon. Not all that funny but.....he is sitting bare-bottomed on a potty seat so you see his little tush. That is SO HILARIOUS to my girls. They will laugh and laugh about him looking at the moon and showing us his moon!
So silly!
P.S. - Don't you just love the Book Fair. We love getting great books at great prices!

The Sauls Family said...

1. I love the Book Fair! It's the one volunteering thing I commit to every year (well, besides sending in snacks/goodies/whatever they need- my free time is minimal, and I have to be picky! :P). Our school have two a year- once in the fall, and once in the spring.

2. We did Pinkalicious Day in my preschool class this year, and it was a hoot. We all wore pick (even the boys!) and made pink cupcakes for our snack and made pink crafts.

3. There is a sequel to Pinkalicious called "Purplelicious" and I think it might be even funnier than the first book!

Erin said...

I love the book fair, too - I worked the mornings and afternoons and I loved to see what the little ones picked out.
Pinkalicious is one of Emma's favorites - my favorite part is when she hollors "look at me, I'm PINKERBELL!" You should hear Jason read it.