Friday, April 17, 2009

Here Comes the Easter Bunny

IMG_3706The Easter Bunny comes on Saturdays at our house. I know it’s weird. He just loves us more that he loves all of you so he thinks that we need our candy early. I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Kidding aside, the Easter Bunny really did visit us on Saturday rather than Sunday. Why, you ask? Because Sunday mornings are so hectic around here, I decided to make things easier on me. This is our Sunday morning routine: Nathan gets up at 6:30 to shower and get ready so that he can be at church by 7:15. I get up at 7:00, take a shower. IMG_3708Usually by the time I’m out of the shower, Dallin and Mandy are up. I give them their chocolate milk and get them something to eat for breakfast. Then Layton wakes up and I get him fed too. Then I try to get something to distract him with so that I can blow dry my hair and get ready. Then I have to repeatedly tell Dallin to get dressed. I help Mandy get dressed. Then I get Layton dressed. We all brush our teeth and then I fill my church bag with snacks and coloring books and crayons. After all that, I have to start scrambling to get them in the car so that we can get to church on time. Now you tell me, do you see any window of opportunity in there to let kids eat candy and see what the Easter bunny brought them? I don’t think so. Besides, this way, Nathan gets to be there when they find their baskets too. So Friday night I filled their baskets and hid them. IMG_3710Saturday morning they had their morning chocolate milk and then I reminded them that I thought that the Easter bunny was supposed to visit last night. Did they see their basket’s anywhere? Dallin found Layton’s under the table for him. Mandy’s was under the end table and Dallin found his stashed in the kitchen. Mandy was so excited that the Easter Bunny brought her a Fancy Nancy book. She just loved it. Dallin got a Discover Kid’s book that covers all kinds of topics and now he considers himself a “scientist” when he reads his book. And what did Layton get? He got the book “The Hungry Caterpillar”, because that’s exactly what he is. A hungry little squirmy worm. But he’s a cute little worm.


IMG_3722After they enjoyed their candy and we had read their books to them over and over, we went to their little cousin Kate’s birthday party. It is April and they went swimming in the pool. Even Layton tried out the water. Kids are crazy.

It was nice to walk out and see the beach. The water was freezing, so we only got our feet wet, but it was beautiful. The beach always is. Not matter what the weather is, bight sunshine, foggy mist, wild winds, the beach always looks beautiful.

IMG_3723After we got home, we watched a movie, I did a some stuff for primary, we went for a bike ride, and just relaxed at home. You know how some days are just better than others? Well this was one of those days that while not perfect (the 20 minutes of crying Dallin did beside the pool because he didn’t have a noodle marred it just a little), was a welcome day of unwinding, not being rushed and of simplistic enjoyment of life. I need days like that more often.

IMG_3741

2 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

I love the idea of the beach, walking down the beach, watching the waves, the sounds...but I have a hard time with beach water! There, I said it. I don't like the treasure hunt when you get home and shower, I don't like wondering what is swimming close to me. So up to the feet is nice...after that I'm done! :) I'll take the Ichetucknee River water ANY DAY! :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

Wait a minute... I remember Nana buying a noodle just for Dallin last year! We had to go to like 3 different stores because it was the end of the season. What happened to his noodle?!?! Some crying may have been justified. ;)