Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Family Is of God

For Easter, our primary presidency decided to give the kids a CD of the songs that we are learning this year and a few of their favorites. I got to put the CD together, so I got to decide what songs I thought they would enjoy. In deciding what to put on the CD, I found this song, The Family is of God, on the church’s website as a suggested song to go along with this year’s theme. I listened to it and fell in love with it. The words are:

Verse 1:

Our Father has a family. It's me! It's you,

all others too, we are His Children

He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,

to live and learn here in families

Verse 2:

A father's place is to preside, provide, to love

and teach the gospel to his children

A father leads in family prayer, to share,

their love for Father in Heaven

Verse 3:

A mother's purpose is to care, prepare, to nurture

and to strengthen all her children

She teaches children to obey, to pray,

to love and serve in the family

Verse 4:

I'll love and serve my family and be,

a good example to each family member

And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,

I'll help my family remember

Chorus:

God gave us families,

to help us become what He wants us to be

This is how He shares His Love,

for the family is of GOD



Click the play button to hear the song.



After making the CDs I tested them in our CD player. Mandy came running when she heard the songs. She lay down beside the player and asked me to play "that family song" over and over. I think she listened to it for more than 45 minutes. Songs can be so powerful. It never ceases to amaze me how much the Spirit can speak to us through music. I know Mandy felt it. She has never sat still so long before or since.

IMG_3699

1 comment:

Casey Gentle said...

I haven't heard that one. The songs in primary really bring in the spirit. I had to fill in once or twice for our chorister when I was serving in primary. As the kids sang "I love to see the Temple" I completely lost it. The spirit was SO strong as all those little voices testified to me about the temple. It's sad now to be out of primary. In nursery I get to sing that 5 little ducks went out to play! :)