Friday, May 22, 2009

Cookie Dough Truffles

As promised, here is the recipe for cookie dough truffles. I love this recipe because it is so versatile. You can turn it into any type of cookie dough truffle that you want. You just start out with a basic mixture of:

IMG_4134

1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup of flour and 1 tsp vanilla. One little note about the flour. You will want to either use self rising flour or use all purpose flour and add 1/4 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp baking powder. Sounds odd I know, but you need those things in there to give it a truly cookie dough flavor. With out it, it will taste rather bland.

Anywho – after you mix that together, here is where a door to pretty much endless possibilities is opened. You could go with classic chocolate chip cookie dough

IMG_4140

by adding 1 cup self rising flour and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.

Or you could try out some white chocolate almond cookie dough

IMG_4138

by adding 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate, and 1/2 cup chopped almonds.

Or you could go peanut buttery

IMG_4141

and add 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup peanut butter.

Or why not just go all out and make some cowboy cookie dough by adding

IMG_4144

1 cup oats (instead of flour), 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

Just go wild!

After deciding what kind you want to make, mix it all up and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour, to make it easier to roll. Then just roll into little ball shapes. Place it on a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or waxed paper.

IMG_4149

Pop them back in the frig for another 30 minutes to an hour to make it easier to dip them. Melt a package of chocolate candy coating according to the package directions. Then just dip away.

IMG_4151

You can decorate them as you like or just leave them beautifully plain. Happy eating!

IMG_4153 copy

Click here for a printable copy of the recipe.

8 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

Oh my...I never thought about cowboy cookie dough truffles! They look FABULOUS! Mark is allergic to pecans so I have to forget them in recipes. Now I'm REALLY hungry!

Jinger Deason said...

Whoa!!!! Mmmmm....

Jaren said...

Kat...those look so yummy!! I wish your blog came with a taste tester...I would love to gobble up one of each!!

KYLIA said...

Are those Pampered Chef prep bowls I see in the pics?!! Way to represent!! BTW, the truffles look deeeelish! I would like to put in an order for a Sampler on your next visit home...!! :)

Katheryn said...

Ok, I've got your order, next time I come home I'll try to get it to ya :) Or maybe you need to come visit me and pick them up??

Marla said...

YUM! My mouth is watering and I want to eat them all... and it isn't even 8 am.

Michelle said...

I just took these to a baby shower (the cowboy and peanut butter varieties), and I think about 10 people asked for the recipe! :)
These are so good!
BTW, my sister Becky is the one who pointed them out to me. Just so you don't wonder how on earth a total stranger is commenting on this old post. :)

snbjork said...

Another total stranger here. But, now Michelle got me hooked, too! Yum, I think I will make these tonight for our company. Thanks for the beautiful pictures and yummy recipe.