Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Judgment Day

Mama Doris was always told by her seminary students that she would be able to sweet talk her way into heaven by presenting the panel of judges a plate of her gooey congo bars. That may be true, but I think she would be able to sweet talk her way even further and obtain the highest degree of glory if she present them with a heaping plate of her fried turkey breast.

IMG_4255

I don’t think there is a word in the English language that can describe how good it is. It is beyond delicious. See, check Layton out. He know what’s up:

IMG_4259 copy

He carried that piece of turkey around with him while he played for more thirty minutes while he slowly chewed it with his 6 little teeth. This is a picture of him taking a little break on the soccer ball. Notice he still hasn’t let go of that divine little piece of fried turkey breast. He was in heaven. Good food and a ball to play with and that boy is just about as happy as a boy can be.

IMG_4265

3 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

Don't you LOVE little bity good cook? My Granny was a wonderful cook. Everything she made was perfection. I really miss her. Mark's Grandma doesn't cook so much (or so well for that matter) but let me tell you, she's as sweet as they come. I'm hoping to be a combo of my Granny and his Grandma. Thanks for sharing. Brings back great memories. Isn't it amazing how food can do that to you?

Becky Shuler said...

Oh my!!!! That picture of Mama is phenominal. How did you get such great lighting? I know how dark it is in there. You da best.

The Sauls Family said...

Heh heh. I was the meal person for our Zone Conferences for awhile. I made the Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings for dessert one time, and the Mission President told me my calling and election was made sure because of those dumplings! ;)