Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lost in Translation

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that Pinkalicious is now Mandy’s new favorite book. Recently, I have taken to quoting the book because it has this awesome parental one-liner in it that I love. “You get what you get and you don’t get upset.” Perfect attitude for a child to learn, right? Somehow though, in quoting that line back to me, for Mandy it became, “You get what you like and you don’t get upset.” Can you tell that she always has her very best interest in mind? That’s my Mandy girl for ya!

IMG_43551

3 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

We love that book too! How funny that she changed the quote to suit her!! So cute!

Katheryn, Aunt Doris brought your blog book to church so I could look at it! AMAZING! You did a fabulous job! I can't wait to get started on mine! Thanks for sharing the info with me! If I have any questions, I'll call you! Great job on your book, I loved looking through it.

Stacy Pettersen said...

It's true, though. When you get what you like, your never upset! She is wise beyond her years. =)

minnieokra said...

I enjoyed your blog. It was nice to see them at the farm and learning about nature. Do you think they associate those cute little itty biddies with eating chicken? I don't remember seeing your blog book. I know, however, that it would be sensational because the blogs are. I love you.