Monday, June 29, 2009

Gingerbread Cookies

For one of our activities from our summertime fun calendar we read the story of the Gingerbread Man and then made gingerbread cookies.

I don’t know why, but in the past, I have always reserved cut-out cooking making with my kids as a Christmas time activity.  That was not very creative on my part, because we had such a good time.  I mean just one look at Layton’s face in this pictures tells it all:

IMG_4725

The cookies turned out so yummy.  So good in fact that Mandy couldn’t even be bothered with waiting to put the icing on them.  She just dove into them plain.

IMG_4727

Layton too.

IMG_4729

But, Dallin, he really got into the decorating of them.

IMG_4732

Isn’t his little Gingerbread Teddy Bear cute?

IMG_4734

And as the story said, “But at last, that gingerbread cookie went the way of every single gingerbread cookie that ever came out of an oven.  It was all, all gone!”

IMG_4737

3 comments:

mrsarmogansclass said...

Your blogs always seem to make me hungry...LOL! I guess it's true, you and Nathan truly were made for each other...in a kitchen :) ha ha! I can't wait until Chandani's old enough for kitchen activities. She already watches me very closely when I'm in there cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Kelly said...

Oh yummers! The first and last photo you took are just Priceless!
It makes me want to climb back into the pool all over again for just a few moments of loving on Baby Layton!
You are making such Wonderful summer Memories!
Lucky Kids!

Casey Gentle said...

I'm not sure why I wasn't called to taste test but I would love being YOUR guinea pig! As always, cute pictures.