Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It’s what you’ve all been waiting for…

…not really, but I’m just going to pretend that you have been agonizing in anticipation for these pictures from our ward party. So here we go…

The Water Slide

IMG_5269IMG_5281

IMG_52871

IMG_5271

IMG_5284 IMG_5285 IMG_5286 IMG_52891

I think Dallin spent 2.5 of the 3 hours that we were at the party going down this slide. He was wild!

Bouncing

They also had several blow up bounce houses and a trampoline. Layton wasn’t too sure about it though.

IMG_5297

The Dunking Booth

Our good Bishop was brave enough to sit in the dunking booth. Look how happy he is - for now :)

IMG_5293

Nathan took a few throws to try to knock him down, but unfortunately he missed.

IMG_5295

The Bishop’s daughter took a throw too and missed, but then she went in for the kill and took him down. It was awesome!

IMG_5294 copy

The Food

In addition to the normal picnic fare they also had…

Snow cones – oh so cold and yummy

IMG_5299

Cotton candy – super sticky and sweet

IMG_5301

And of course the watermelon that Layton couldn’t stay away from.

IMG_5319

The Mechanical Bull

Nathan took a ride on the mechanical bull.

IMG_5309

But that bull was mean. Mean, I tell ya! And he threw Nathan off.

IMG_5311

Then I took a ride on the bull. All smiles at first…

IMG_5323

But then things got a little wilder. I am proud to say though that I stayed on the whole time! (I think the bull operator was a little nicer on me than he was to Nathan though.)

IMG_5324

Some of our friends tried it out too. This is Cassie. Isn’t this picture great? It looks like her eyeballs are about to pop out of her head. I love it!

IMG_5358

This is Heath and Kelly.

IMG_5380

They were one wild bull riding duo! It was quite a show to watch them :)

IMG_5383

But just so you don’t think that only adults got up there, this is little Miss Millie. Isn’t she darling? My kids were too scared to get up there. But not Millie! She was awesome!

IMG_5341

Can you tell that we had more than just a little fun that day?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That was the Best day! I would like my back yard stocked with all of those goods! I had Heath up first thing this morning to see this post... but he had to leave. He will be excited to see it when he returns home tonight!
I loved all the photos of the kids playing, That was better than Disney and we didn't have to stand in lines and empty out our wallets! Bishop is a Treausre! I love that photo of him in the dunking booth with that big Grin! He is one in a Million!
I would have to say you were one Mean Bull Rider and I don't believe it for a minute that the man took it easy on you! Although you look like a Princess in your photos. Looken good for a wild bull ride! Nathan let that Bull know who was Boss! Millie was a Brave one! Heath and I had the ride of our life! I heard McKinnley tell me I embarrested her. (poor thing) I just never new I could take such a beating... my weight plus Heath's slamming down was a Killer! Not to mention the faces I was pulling on in those photos. (MONSTER) I think we should venture out on a date night, find another bull and give it ride! And then hit one of our dinner spots! I am ready to go for Round 2! Ding Ding!

that1gamer2know said...

Wow, such a great picture of me! THANKS!! haha

I have maybe been told once or twice before that when I get excited my eyes get huge. Now I can see it in pictures.

This was such a fun day. And to think I almost talked my husband out of going. I'm so glad he said he really wanted to go. We had such a great time!

I think we should all get together for another round and this time put the $5.00 in like Kelly suggested. That would be awesome!

Becky Shuler said...

Your ward has the most fun things to do!!!! I think the bull riding was fantastic.

Kim Jarvis said...

Yeehaw! Looks like fun!

Mandi said...

Oh my lands! The pic of Mandy hitting the water so darn cute! Youare a great picture taker. I have to say I think that was the best ward party we have ever had. I love that Dad got in the dunk tank even better I love that i got to dunk him! GOOD TIMES! I am sorry i messed everyone on the bull those photos are priceless. Your kids are simply adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Casey Gentle said...

You think Cassie's eyes are great in this picture? You should see her when she's making a classic face for me! Maybe I should blog about her and her many faces. That's a great idea! Looks like everyone had a blast. Kudos to Kelly and Heath for saddlin' up together! Their anniversary is coming up, maybe we can blow up that picture and frame it for them! :)