Friday, August 28, 2009

Reason #5683

stay at home moms of toddlers SHOULDN’T work.

Yesterday I had a teleconference with my supervisor, two of my peers from work, and three engineering consultants.  We were very intently discussing a facility’s discharge into an Outstanding Florida Water.  As one of the consultants began his argument for why we should allow the facility to discharge wastewater with high levels of specific conductivity, I heard a little beep sound and the very loud sounds of some Layton gibber gabber.  I ran and grabbed the other receiver he had somehow got a hold of and waited for the fallout on the phone.  Gladly the engineer who was speaking, just paused for a brief second and then went right on with his argument.  No one mentioned it when he finished speaking, and I sure as heck didn’t say a word about it either.  All I can say is I am so stinking glad it was a teleconference and not a video conference because my face was so red from embarrassment that my head looked like a giant tomato!  Ack!!!!!!!!!

IMG_58081

7 comments:

KYLIA said...

I'm sure Layton just wanted to give his thoughts on the project too...ya know, kind of like a "consultant!" Too bad he didn't want to be a silent partner on this project!

Kelly said...

Oh my... I bet it was Exciting for them to hear Layton's sweet words! I bet they wished they had a cute little man to play with kiss and hold when they hung up with the confrence call.
You AMAZE ME! You and only You could Smoothly run a house hold of 3 little ones and Run the water in Florida! WOW!

Becky Shuler said...

Layton's gibber-jabber probably made as much sense as the guy doing the talking. I think your whole life is a circus...with clowns.

Casey Gentle said...

Kids are the spice in our lives...they are just too darn cute. Especially your little Layton.

Erin said...

I bet they all enjoyed Layton's input - a bit of comic relief! You never cease to amaze me with all you do...I could never work from home and keep sane.

Mandi said...

I have to agree with the rest of the ladies you are amazing! With nathan in the bishopric, 3 babies and work plus all of the other things moms have to do you should have a reward! If you ever need a day to your self I would love to take those cuties off of your hands!

Anonymous said...

Its too bad Layton couldn't talk really plain!Just wait! Its coming! Next time should be interesting! Your people from work should understand that you are working from home with small kids and should expect some entertainment! I wouldn't worry or be embarrassed about it! I think it is adorably funny!

Sherri