Monday, September 14, 2009

Family Reunion

Labor Day always brings with it the fun of the Jarvis family reunion.  There is always yummy food and tons of people that I don’t know.  I’m starting to recognize most people’s faces now, but since I see many of them only once a year, there are still quite a few names that elude me.  These are a some random pictures of a few of the people in attendance.  For some reason (namely that I had to watch Layton like a hawk around the pool), I didn’t get very many pictures of all the people that didn’t come out and hang around the pool.

IMG_6378

  IMG_6367

IMG_6368

 IMG_6377

And it wouldn’t be a family reunion without pickles!!!!

IMG_6362

One of the biggest highlights of the day was that Nathan’s Dad was able to get a few days off from his deployment training in Wisconsin to visit with everyone before he heads off to Iraq.

IMG_6366

The highlight of the reunion for my kids is always the pool.  Because Dallin could touch the bottom, he actually swam from one side of the pool to the other.  But because he is a chicken, he refused to try it at the deep end.

 IMG_6354 IMG_6355 IMG_6356IMG_6358

And Mandy, well Mandy is just Mandy.

IMG_6373 

Notice the grumpy expression?  It wasn’t that she was having a bad time, it was that she didn’t want me to take a picture.  Which is bizarre in an of itself because normally she begs me to take her picture.  She is a character.

IMG_6372

And this is my favorite picture of the day.

IMG_6370

I love little plumber pants on babies.  Now had he been 18 years old and showing a little butt crack, I would have yelled at him to pull up his drawers.  But since he is only 18 months old, I found it to be adorable :)

It was a great day for family.  Especially since we ended the day with Breanna’s baptism.

IMG_63921

Another one of our nieces, Sarah, turned 8 yesterday.  She too chose be baptized.  We are so proud of her and Breanna for making such an important decision to follow the example of the Savior.

Family is so important to us.  And one of the great things that we love about our extended family is they all know how to have fun and don’t mind being a little goofy!

IMG_63975x7

4 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Good times! I'm using that last picture for my post tomorrow - I might have to steal some from the reunion to post too. I didn't take any! :p

Casey Gentle said...

Layton might need a little crack spackle if that continues once he's a little older. I love your silly picture, reminds me of my fun family photo from GA's blessing day.

Becky Shuler said...

What a great family picture! Looks like a fun time. The kids will enjoy seeing the goofy picture too in years to come.

minnieokra said...

A little duct tape will fix that butt crack right up. Great pics...you all look so happy. I'm glad Jonathan was able to be there, I know that made the day for all of you. If Mandy ever gets tired of her amazing doll, I keep him for her.